Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Couch to 5 K ~ And they're off...

I did it and I did not collapse.

Deirek and I started the Couch to 5K last night. It totally kicked my ass! Man, am I sore today. I have a feeling that we will be repeat week one. I could only run for the entire minute twice. The rest of the time I could only run for about 45 seconds at a time. It is a work in progress.

Jaxen thought it was great! He rode right along in the jogging stroller. He thought it was funny with Daddy running next to him. I think he thought Daddy was chasing him. (Cause that is usually the only time we run in our household) Maddy only made it one lap around the park. We had to stow her on the bottom of the jogging stroller. You know...the shelving where the diaper bags go. Well...that is where our lazy dog likes to ride and enjoy the show. I will try to take a picture next time. We get a ton of comments on the trail from other dog owners. They can't believe she stays there. Hell...about halfway into the workout...I was wishing I could sit down there with her. She is just like her Momma!!

I think the worst thing about our "run" (I use that word loosely.) was the damn horseflies. They were on a Kamikaze mission to eat us alive. We looked a site. Almost like we were doing some techno dance while trying to jog and push a stroller. I think the horseflies have a taste for aged meat cause they didn't bother my little Jaxen at all.

Tomorrow morning is weigh in....please send me as much skinny dust as possible. I am going to need it after all the fried food I ate last Friday at the State Fair. Check out this glorious, greasy list.

Corn Dog
Bloomin Onion
French Fries
Fried Chocolate Dipped Twinkie (cause the regular Fried Twinkie didn't have enough calories for me, I guess)
Fried Snickers
Fried Oreos
Fried Pickles

I am a little ashamed to post that list...but I need to air my dirty laundry. Now, I didn't eat all of that myself. But I did sample large portions. Oh was my stomach pissed off at me that night!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good job! Yeah, I can only make to running about 2 times and then I pooter out too. I have to figure out something with my shins....stupid weak shins.

Mosquitos are bad in our neck of the woods...I don't know what would be worse...them or the kamikazee horseflies...neither one sound good.

I cheated all weekend too.....tomorrow's weigh in will be rough.

Enjoy the ticker....I stole it from someone myself! ;)

Hippie Family... said...

Skinny Dust! Skinny Dust! Skinny Dust! (wayne's world)

I am going to start this week.. no one laugh if I can't run.. oh hell, what did I get myself into?