Friday, June 20, 2008

You can't say I didn't warn you...

I know! I know! It has been some time since my first post. You can't say I didn't warn you.

1. Jaxen - Over the weekend I noticed that Mr Jaxen has added a few more words to his vocabulary. Of course, some things sound the same. Example...Vacuum and Tractor sound exactly the same. You just have to look to see what he is pointing at. Lord help us if there is a vacuum and tractor in the same room. The other night I gave him a bath. I was lotioning him up on his changing table when all of a sudden he farted. It made me laugh. So he thought it was funny that Mommy was laughing at something he did (rather than the other way around) so he began to strain trying to do it again. I was so scared that we were going to have a mess because I had quite got his diaper on him yet. I have never put a diaper on so fast....but there is nothing to worry about. There were no accidents. I just wish I could get him to do that on the potty. Right now he just thinks it is a chair that he sits on with no pants. :-/

2. Gas - I am just sick. Sick Sick Sick. I cannot believe the price of gas. It is $4.19 in IL. I never thought I would live to see the day that it was over $4. I cringe every time I have to fill up my tank. Driving 60 miles round trip a day is getting to be ridiculuously expensive. I would consider buying a motorcycle if I didn't have to drive on 270 everyday. A motorcycle on 270 is pretty much committing suicide. I can't chance it.

3. Tea - I have been on a tea kick lately. I sure hope that drinking a lot of tea won't kill me. I bought a "Bubba Keg" cup at Home Depot. This insulated cup holds 93 oz. I have been drinkig ice tea in it everyday (with one refill) I guess it is better than drinking that many ounces in Pepsi.

4. Weekend Plans - I am so excited about the weekend!! This has been the work week from hell. Saturday we have Jaxen's last swim class, then he is off for the summer. Deirek and I are going car shopping Saturday afternoon. It is time to trade in the Explorer. She has been a good car....it is just time for something with 3rd row seating (and hopefully better gas mileage). Just to clarify that last sentence...there is no "need" for 3rd row seating yet, please no one start any rumors about me. Sunday is the most exciting day of all!! We are taking Jaxen to the Zoo. We are meeting his friends there, well he has really only seen them 3 or 4 times. But they are Mommy's friends. We are meeting Karla & Zander; Melinda, Matt & Brayden and Sarah, Joe, Audrey & Zoe. I will be fun! I can't wait because I heard that there is a new baby giraffe that was born last week.

Hopefully, one of these days I will upload some new pictures then hopefully figure out how to post them on here (or at least Karla will tell me how, thanks for explaining how to link other blogs to mine!!)

Peace and Humptiness 4-ever...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go!!!! You got a new blog design and everything!!! You are such a big girl now!!!! Oh, I'm so proud!!!! I think I love exclamation points!!!!

I agree with you on the gas....it makes me nauseous. The governments plans to "fix it" make me nauseous....the whole thing is....well...nauseating!

At least you get look for another car...I would definitely get something with better gas mileage...yes, please don't get a motorcyle, scooter or anything of the sort..I'd be worried about you ALL the time....you and Crystal going doing the highway on a motorcyle...NOOOOOO!!!!

I can't wait til Sunday either. YAAAY..a baby giraffe...I hadn't heard about that! How exciting!!!

What???? You're pregnant????? YAAAY!!!!

Anything you want to know how to do on your blog lemme know...if I don't know how to do it..I'll make something up!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Dang Karla, that comment is a blog in itself. HAHAHAHA

Hippie Family... said...

Aww, I love it.. cute cute cute.. I can't wait till miss t is old enough to hang with the big dogs!